The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process.
The Bid Manager will manage the bid qualification (bid/no-bid) for new opportunities and manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
He will prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer. He will do risk tracking and management throughout the bid process and perform regular quality reviews to the written proposal.
The Bid Manager is responsible for managing the bid budget and ensuring timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids. He needs to understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
He needs to arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award. He identifies, engages and manages improvements in order to increase quality and efficiency.
- A Master Degree Civil Engineer, Industrial Engineer or Economics (or equivalent)
- Experience in bid campaign management from opportunity identification through project delivery
- Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million opportunities
- Experience in portfolio management and project management
- Background in solutions and services
- Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures
- P&L and risk management skills
- Ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities
- Excellent skills in Office Productivity Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Experience in Energy and Utilities is a major asset
- An excellent communicator and have strong people management skills
- Able to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities
- Comfortable working at CEO/Director level both internal and external
- Able to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Conversant with the competitive marketplace
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus
- Continuous improvement and staying up to date with the latest technology changes
- Real career opportunities
- Training by our Ferranti University and MECOMS™ University
- Support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, portable pc, smartphone, internet connection, ...
- And this in a young and dynamic company atmosphere where there is room for initiative and where an open culture gives you the possibility to grow and continuously improve your personal skills.
Please contact Kim Lucas: +32 (0)3 540 49 80 or +32 (0)486 30 53 15 and send your CV to: HR [dot] careers [at] ferranti [dot] be. We look forward to receiving your application and CV solely as electronic files as soon as possible.